Once you chop, you just can't stop

Recently I've found myself with a little more time on my hands than usual (I'm working from home 4 days a week now) and have got most of my smallholding chores done so I've been pottering away at Bub with a little more focus ...



First thing I got busy with were the 'shorty' wings I bought from a fellow VW Baja Club member. They're steel, 3" to 4" wider but stop pretty much at the firewall so I'd need to figure out a different rear light solution .... probably LED 'hamburger' light clusters

  • The interior has had its first pass of wire brushing to prepare for painting, 
  • the seat frames have been de-bracketed ready to weld mounting plates for the bucket seats 
  • the fuel tank has been refitted with the new seals, breather pipes and a fresh fuel filter
  • the electrical gremlins have been identified as either a dead wiper motor (good used one sourced), knackered relay or simply bad connections - all of which will be fettled in due course
Roll cage is due in 2 weeks time and that will allow me to start getting various bits to fit together properly
  • new shoulder seat belt mounting points
  • exact positioning of the seats
  • prime and paint the interior
In theory, with a bit of luck, Bub could be ready to road test by the end of the month!


It started off like this

Then I tried this

And this is how it looks now - much better


 








Comments