Just a little off the back please ...

Last night I got busy with the BIG angle grinder, the small angle grinder, several hammers and a tap & die set .... proper video will be uploaded but in the meantime here are a few photos and a time lapse video which stops tantalisingly close to the back being finished but the battery ran out!

  • Big angle grinder took the rear valance off
  • Small angle grinder for wing trimming
  • tap & die set for chasing the threads of the wing mounting captive nuts (I even drilled out and tapped the sheared bolt)
  • Hammers (and panel beating dollies) for  bending the new lip under and stretching the wings out a shade wider.
Of course, this is not the end of the bodywork, I've still to stretch the wings out a bit further, weld the cuts up to make the wings solid again and I may change my mind and do a full Baja (cut back to the firewall behind the engine) as I have an option on some excellent wide full height wings.

Video is at the bottom

This is before ....
and this is after

a tad shorter with the lid as a 'spoiler'




Comments