Bub has got his boots on, hip hip hip hooray

With help from my nephew Gideon, the other 2 tyres were swapped over and Bub sat back on the floor.
 video at the bottom

With the back end jacked up to simulate how he'll sit when I re-index the rear suspension , there is a full 11" (28cm) of ground clearance - that's at least 4" more than most Landrovers!

Things I've discovered today
  1. When jacked up the passenger door won't close properly. Luckily a roll cage will cure that problem
  2. I may have to change the rear wings - no amount of cutting is going to give the clearance needed without look shit
  3. I needn't have stressed about having smaller tyres on the front ... I could have gone a little smaller without losing ground clearance
  4. 17 year old nephews seldom listen to sage advice of their uncle
  5. Uncles should sometimes listen more carefully to their 17 year old nephews
Photos

Bub is a level headed kind of Beetle

High enough for a hamster with a top hat to dance under

Holy ground clearance Bubman!

Looking good



Comments